WG-CC Archives

Coalition WG on Coordination Committee

WG-CC@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ifthekar Zaman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Coalition WG on Coordination Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 00:28:37 +0600
Dear Gillian,

Thank you for the great start, and the excellent draft. I am giving below
my few suggestions for consideration.

Best, Iftekhar.

------------------

2nd para: Concerned about  the global problem of corruption, notably, in
the words of the UN General Assembly „the seriousness of problems and
threats posed by corruption to the stability and security of societies,
undermining the institutions and values of democracy, ethical values and
justice and jeopardizing sustainable development and the rule of law“;
add: corruption affects the poor more, breeds injustice and deprivation.

Add this para here:

Aware that effective control of corruption demands political will,
enforcement of laws and strengthening of institutions, for which creation
and strengthening of anti-corruption demand through greater public
awareness, engagement and participation are indispensable;

Add this para too:

Convinced that the Coalition can play a catalytic role to ensure stronger
civil society participation and function as the forum and channel to bring
the concerns and perspective of citizens from around the world to the
efforts to ratify, implement, enforce and monitor the UNCAC;

Objectives
The UNCAC Coalition aims to pursue objectives including the following:
•	to promote UNCAC (add: ratification, implementation, enforcement and
monitoring