Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:59:14 -0600
> Here is another observation.  Apparently the varroa are not evenly
> distributed in the cluster.  In fact they are very unevenly distributed --
> if my observation yesterday is any indication.

Of course, this brings up another question: which measure is more indicative
of the true mite loads?

If everyone is washing samples from different parts of the hive and times of
year, how do we know we are comparing apples with apples?

I'm guessing that the counts taken in the same hive when it is on a flow or
being fed and when it is not being fed would be quite different.

No wonder we hear many different thresholds suggested as being harmful or
acceptable.