Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:35:52 -0700
>  I can't  recall for sure about year 4,but for the last 3 years I have not
> treated with any antibiotic, not that I intended to stop yearly
> treatments, but I got off track the first year,didn't get a treatment on,
> didn't see any AFB , then just keep riding the wave so to speak.   I'm
> still not finding any, this year to date, and we've been in hives all
> spring and summer, splitting and feeding.

Very interesting.   Are you saying you see *zero* AFB, or do you mean very
little, and in examining how many hives?  Are you migratory, or on fixed
locations?

We have several large operators in Alberta who are in pretty much the same
boat as far as going without treatments is concerned, but do not have CCD.
They operate 5 to 10,000 hives each and only find maybe 25 AFB hives at the
end of the year.  One I have in mind is on fixed locations, the other
pollinates.

In contrast to these specific operations, in other outfits I see varying
amounts of AFB, but always at low levels.