ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pam Hartley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:34:09 -0400

Hi folks,

We have a great position open here on the exhibits team at Marbles Kids Museum. We're looking for a playfully creative exhibit designer/fabricator to join our team as we continue to see increased attendance and an abundance of great new ideas for our exhibit floor.  This is a full time position with great benefits.  Check out http://www.marbleskidsmuseum.org/jobs for more information, or give me a call directly.

-Pam Hartley
VP, Learning Initiatives
Marbles Kids Museum
919.857.1032 office

Marbles Kids Museum is a vibrant and growing non-profit children's museum and IMAX theatre in downtown Raleigh with over 550,000 annual visitors. Since opening as Marbles in September 2007, our popularity and community support has increased steadily. Marbles seeks a creative exhibit design and fabrication professional to join our Learning Initiatives Team. This team member will help expand our efforts to create rich, play-based exhibit experiences that inspire imagination, discovery and learning for children 10-and-under and their adults.

The Exhibit Design Fabricator is responsible for supporting organizational efforts to create rich, play-based exhibit experiences that inspire imagination, discovery and learning. This includes working in a team environment to design, fabricate, modify and maintain exhibits, program props and specialty fixtures. The Exhibits Design Fabricator works closely with the Exhibit Manager, Vice President of Learning Initiatives, Exhibit & Program Developers, Graphic Designers, Director of Play Experiences and Funstigators to create and deliver fresh and innovative play experiences.