HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2014 21:41:23 -0400
 We are looking to organize another session on foodways for the 2014 CNEHA conference in Long Branch, NJ. Please contact me off-line if you would like to submit an abstract. In this session we will continue to explore methodological and theoretical approaches to understanding historic-period foodways. Topics of interest include the sensorial andcommunicative aspects of food and food-related material culture, methods of reconstructing the social, cultural, and symbolic content of the meal, and the role of food and foodways practices in the construction and negotiation of identity and place.

Thanks,
Karen Metheny

Dr. Karen Metheny
Visiting Researcher, Department of Archaeology
Boston University