HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2011 14:12:04 -0700
Yesterday leaving nearby Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, "America's Oldest Resort" started when Colonial Governor Wentworth used to go there from Portsmouth, NH, a lake named after them today, with "Stamp Act Island" in the middle, who "survived" the American Revolution appointed after it as Governor of Nova Scotia, after contested land grants played out in court and the press in London, England, we took a detour.

I was curious about Bear Brook State Park, (alma mater, Stony Brook State University) and found that it has an intact CCC Camp with a museum, from 1935-1942. It also has other contexts about it and here is a link to photos of signs and a monument of everything but the camp as weather threatened.  http://bit.ly/rmsbky They are there long single story buildings!