Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2010 01:43:03 GMT
>>This is in a swarm from the south side of our county seat.&#65533; As far as I know, there are no beekeepers in this area so the queen should be from a feral source.&#65533; It will be interesting to see what kind of colony she produces.

My wife and I took a tour of the swamps outside New Orleans about 8 years ago.  When the boat approached the Honey lsland, the guide mentioned that the island was naturally being repopulated with honey bees.  After years of bees being absent from it.  It occured to me that perhaps Charlie Harper's Primosky bees were expanding their range. :)

Waldemar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_Island_Swamp