ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 08:36:14 -0400

Google also has one for their Android Platform.
http://www.google.com/sky/skymap.html

This one is excellent as it uses the internal GPS accelerometers and compass to determine your location. Essentially, when you hold the G1 or the new Mytouch up to the sky it will display the stars and constellations you would see if you were actually looking at the sky at that location. When you "scan" the sky with your phone it will in real time change the view on the phone. Very fun to play around with.