From:
Dennis LaMonica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:35:00 -0300
There are a couple of bee keepers here in Chautauqua County, NY that user
the Premier net fences.  They collapse under our snow load.  I have been
using both a wire strand fence and the poly rope fences.  The down side of
the wire fence is that if the fence is moved or reconfigured there is a
waste of the fence wire or multiple splices.  The poly rope can be looped
back and forth at the gate and long lengths of rope preserved.  The poly
rope fence has proved to be robust.  The other down side fo the net fences
is that there are may opportunities for vegitation to ground the fence so
weed maintenance is critical.  Below are a copule of web sites for your
reference.
http://maarec.psu.edu/pdfs/bearsBees.pdf
http://icwdm.org/Publications/pdf/Bears/bearsbeehivesCoSU.pdf
http://www.extension.org/pages/Minnesota_DNR_Reports_Increase_in_Nuisance_Bear