ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:23:11 -0400
From:
Wayne LaBar <[log in to unmask]>

Must agree with other comments

We have free public wifi throughout LSC. We do not advertise but why not have it if it really adds little cost. Access to information at all times is way of empowering people which is what we are about. If someone gets inquisitive enough to lookup something from an exhibit that we do not explain (there is only so much one can include in an exhibit) and we can allow that to happen, I feel like we have accomplished a lot!

By the way on top of that in an emergency it is another way to get news and information out

Finally I find it very useful to use it to access our own site and information to see if it is really accessible outside of internal network. I cannot count the times I have discovered what we have set up works internally but does not work externally.

Cheers!

Wayne

Wayne LaBar

Vice President, Exhibitions and Featured Experiences, Liberty Science Center
Principal-in-Charge, LSC Experience Services

Liberty Science Center
Liberty State Park
222 Jersey City Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07305