From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:25:45 -0500
On 24-Jan-10, at 9:27 AM, Karen Kimball wrote:

> Why there are no dead bees in the hives is what got me. I can see
> dieing of starvation or disease but these bees left.

Hi Karen and all

I assume from your E-mail address that you are in Maine near the
sea.  Your weather his fall would likely have been the same as ours
in southern Ontario.  November here was warm and sunny with the bees
flying but with little to forage on.  You say that you last checked
them in October.  I believe that one of your treatments could have
caused them to abscond in November leaving no bees dead or alive.  If
they left after the snow came you would see many dead bees on the snow

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W