HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:13:59 EST
I want to add to Bob's message about the Austin SHA meetings.  As a  former
SHA Conference Chair, I appreciate all of the work that goes into these
meetings.  This was a well done production.  We seem to be getting  back
toward our high point of SHA conference attendance which was in  Williamsburg
(1500 attended), a great thing.

I liked the hotel layout, and the easy access to downtown restaurants and
bars.  The banquet was well done and the food good.  The speakers  and
overall structure of the ceremonies were very well done.   The sessions were
good, as well as the bookroom, though I was  disappointed that there were not
more vendors.

The scavenger hunt on Saturday night was fun for many people, I believe,
and my wife and I found some nice places to eat that we might not have
otherwise.

Great meeting

Mike Polk

In a message dated 1/12/2011 21:32:22 Mountain Standard Time,