HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2011 07:45:48 -0700
From:
Paul McLerran <[log in to unmask]>
Students are submitting their college papers for publication on the magazine site, Popular Archaeology.  We hope to get selected papers published by the June issue. If you have not done so, you can submit your paper at any time. Go to http://popular-archaeology.com/page/the-student-scholar-program for details.  The most common question: Other than the satisfaction of getting published and more widely recognized, what is the benefit to me?
Answer: Having published work, especially if you have plans to apply for admission to a college/university, will give you some edge in the competition. It also looks good on a CV or application for employment. Seeing other students' papers can also spark ideas for your own future research papers.  Also, you don't have to create a whole new paper to get published -- just use a great paper you did last year or last month.
I wish I had this opportunity years ago when I was in undergraduate and graduate school. Too late for me now, I guess.  But not for you if you are a student.