HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:34:44 -0500
From:
"Levy, Philip" <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
As part of Florida's own budgetary collapse, the Fl DEP is proposing closing 53 state parks, many of which are historical sites and a few are long standing archaeology parks, some with some fairly recent work as well. I am working with one Tampa park on the list to see how the university can help it, but as the linked article says, given the high number of new legislators this proposal has a high likelihood of going through. Many of these are small sites, but, gone for now is gone forever. As in Texas, we are seeing a highly ideology-driven solution regime to a self-inflicted crisis that in reality has many possible answers, most of which are not on the table.

http://audubonoffloridanews.org/?p=6830

Phil Levy
University of South Florida