HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:29:34 -0400
From:
Pat Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Thanks to all who replied to my request for identification of the two artifacts posted earlier.

I have obtained more information and photos of the unglazed, ceramic tube manufactured by the American Porcelain Company as part of the "knob and tube" electrical wiring system popular from the late 1880s through the 1930s.

The hinged metal lid I believe now is a compact powder and mirror ca. 1900 after reviewing the leads sent, and examining antique examples on the internet and publications.

Regards,

Pat Tucker
Swanton, Ohio, U.S.A.

PeoplePC Online