HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 06:22:01 -0700
8bit
Sender:
From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Folks:

We’re very pleased to announce our first post by the Wisconsin Historical
Society Maritime Preservation and Archaeology Program.  Their team
recently spent a week documenting the 136 ft two-masted canaller Walter B.
Allen which sank in 1880 and now sits upright, intact, in 175ft on the
bottom of Lake Michigan.  The fresh cold water and depth has meant that
the Walter B. Allen is well preserved.  Another unique aspect of this
project is that all divers will be using closed circuit rebreathers and
tri-mix gases to allow for substantial bottom times and accurate recording
at such depth.  You can view the first post for this project by clicking
on the link on our home page here:

http://www.themua.org

Best regards,

T. Kurt Knoerl