HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:12:30 -0500
From:
Mark Branstner <[log in to unmask]>
Hey Guys,

Please be advised that we have put together a very informal, thematic
session for the 2011 SHA Meeting, focusing on current Farmstead
Archaeology research in the Midwest and Upland South.  I know that is
very general, and not particularly problem oriented, but I thought it
might be useful to have a session that just considers what types of
work is being done at the present date, and just generally compare
notes.

I have attached a copy of the abstract ... If you or any of your
colleagues would be interested in participating in this session,
please feel free to contact me immediately! Remember that the current
deadline for abstract submissions is NEXT Saturday , 10 June.  Thanks
and I look forward to hearing from you!

Farmstead Archaeology: Current Research in the Midwest and Upland South

Over the past several decades, there has been an increasing body of
data recovered from rural agrarian settlement sites throughout the
Midwest and the Upland South, with a persistent emphasis on the
presumed regional differences that may be reflected in foodways,
material culture, the organization of space, and architecture, just
to name the most obvious categories. This session is dedicated to a
continuation of that discourse, with an emphasis on current research
representative of a broader regional framework, and is open to any
and all relevant topics.

Time Period: 1800-1860
Region: Midwest, Upland South
Structure Information: Series of presented papers, with open discussion.

--

Mark C. Branstner, RPA
Historic Archaeologist

Illinois State Archaeological Survey
Institute of Natural Resource Sustainability
209 Nuclear Physics Lab, MC-571
23 East Stadium Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: 217.244.0892
Fax: 217.244.7458
Cell: 517.927.4556

"There's absolutely nothing wrong with Marxism, so long as you stop
at "A Day At The Races." If you keep on with "At the Circus," etc.,
suddenly, Marxism doesn't seem all that interesting and you start to
look for something a bit more competent, like Chaplinism or
Stoogeism"  - Anonymous

"I hope there's pudding" - Luna Lovegood (HP5)