HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:49:41 -0600
From:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Hi (with apologies for crossposting to two lists),

I'm writing on behalf of all of us who are involved with the Levi Jordan Plantation Historical Society.

Ken Brown, who excavated the site, recently got an inquiry from the History Detectives TV show about featuring an artifact from the Jordan Plantation on the show.

Obviously there are terrific PR opportunities here, but we have some concerns as well.  So we would like to have more background on the show to use as we discuss idea with the site's current owners, and with our board (and some of those individuals are on these lists). Neither of us watches the show (I admit it, my leisure-time TV tastes run more to CSI, Bones, and scifi)....so my question is two-fold ...

what do you think about the show?

also, if you have worked with the show yourself, would you have insights to share?

Send comments off list if you prefer!

thanks in advance for your help! All advice happily taken on board!

Carol (and Ken)

Carol McDavid, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Community Archaeology Research Institute, Inc. (CARI)
Director, Yates Community Archaeology Project
Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Houston
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Rice University
1638 Branard
Houston, TX 77006
www.publicarchaeology.org