HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2009 06:49:39 -0700
8bit
From:
BERNARD FONTANA <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Andrew:  In days or yore when I taught a course in the rudiments of
historical archaeology, I urged students to take artifacts such as yours to
the potential experts on the subject.  In this case, that would be to the
oldest automobile mechanics you can find or to restorers of old vehicles.
If nothing else, they will be able to narrow down your search and let you
know where to look in manuals such as Chilton's.
    Bunny Fontana