Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:42:28 +0000
One fifth the treatment gives twice the control.  But that is bad for

business , I guess.

Allen,  Almonds used to get organophosphate guthion sprays twice a year with the accompaning mite treatments. The rep who came up with this strategy studied the system and its inter-relationships intensely prior to implementing--which were successful. However, many years later, sanitation of old overwintering nuts was found to be better--But this is bad for business and -I am sure he knew aboutthe alternative....

So, your suggestion makes a lot of sense and hopefully we will get better at applying our knowledge along with those recommendations received by those biased for profit.

Jim Smith

State of Jefferson

By the way, I am a capitalist!