Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:49:00 -0500
I did another scale hive reading today and, for those who are following this, feed consumption is back to normal.  It spiked in the 24 hours after the violation of the hives, then dropped back in the next 24.

The consumption actually came in a bit below trend, showing 0.25 lb/hive over the past day compared to the trend at 0.34 lb/hive,  That is interesting, as I am quite sure that the scale readings today, yesterday and the day before were unaffected by wind or moisture.

The baseline, quiet reading seems to be 0.25 or so, but the 0.34 trend takes into consideration the spikes and the fluctuations which occur periodically.

More at http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/articles/WrappingJan2010.htm