Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:41:09 -0800
From:
-- On Mon, 1/11/10, randy oliver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Don't worry--you are going to make mistakes,and bees will die sometimes. Twenty years from now you will look back and laugh at your mistakes.o answer.

Randy Oliver

Randy, and others,

      I can remember the first hive of bees that I had.  Can't remember how I got them but it was definitely a big hive.  I had to move it temporarily and had put a moving screen into the entrance.  This was south Georgia in the summer.  I had it placed in the shade in the car port and was going to move it to its permanent location the next day.  (This was in the days when solid bottom boards were the rule.  Went out next morning to move the hive and there was all kinds of stuff oozing from the entrance.  The hive had gotten too hot the previous afternoon and had melted down.  The bees were dead.  The honey was everywhere.  I don't remember what I did with that hive nor where it ended up.  I just remember what a mess it was and that I was out of a colony of bees.  BTW, that was the same year I ended up sitting in a doctor's office waiting to see if I was going to get a reaction to about forty or so stings (an estimate of course).
 And, of course, I had no mentor.  I was just running on what little I remembered from working bees as a four or five year old with my grandpa.  I will not elaborate on my latest mistake(s).  It/they is/are too embarrassing.

Mike in LA