Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 2010 16:14:16 EST

_http://www.im.pwr.wroc.pl/~hugo/HSC/imprezy/ModellingWeek/reports/Report_pr
oject02.pdf_
(http://www.im.pwr.wroc.pl/~hugo/HSC/imprezy/ModellingWeek/reports/Report_project02.pdf)

In a message dated 1/3/2010 4:45:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Dmacfawn
writes:

Figure 6: Surface integral of temperature function Ti over all  pupae
cells
with
respect to time. The kink in the plots appears  at the 10-minute  point
where
the  problem changes from heating to cooling.

I had a couple of people ask me about this statement in the referenced
article.  What this means is prior to 10 minutes this is a heating problem  to
keep the brood at the 94F brood rearing temperature.  The bees do not  want
the brood to overheat which is were Mike Hood's and my previous  research
about beeswax is where the beeswax helps maintain this temperature (  the
research / article that was not published) .

After the 10 minute point it is a cooling problem were the bees have to
maintain a 94F brood rearing temperature.  This means after 10 minutes ( I
assume this article's research was done in the summer, not sure were though so
 the 10 minute point may shift) the bees have to make sure the brood is
covered  to maintain the 94F temperature.

Dave MacFawn