ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Maria Mortati <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2010 14:44:52 -0700

Hi Eric,

Definitely talk with Mark Allen at Machine
Project.<http://www.machineproject.com/>

 For those that may haven't heard of them, Machine Project is a non-profit
space in LA "investigating art, technology, natural history, science, music,
literature, and food" (to name a few). They produce events, workshops, and
site-specific installations using hands-on engagement “to make rarefied
knowledge accessible”.

While they aren't literalists, the ideas and people they engage with are
often based in biology, engineering, technology, and culture.

In addition, they are completing a year-long "residency" with the Hammer
Museum <http://hammer.ucla.edu/residencies/detail/residency_id/14> (which in
full disclosure I have been having fun participating in).

This residency has spanned exhibits, public programs, and... plant
vacations. He'd be an excellent resource. Steve may know him...

Best,

Maria

--
blog: http://sfmobilemuseum.blogspot.com/