From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 11:12:07 -0500
>  That was my impression, since fresh pollen in cells near brood
> disappears quickly -- often overnight -- and it has been my
> understanding that it takes time to produce bee bread.

I use fresh pollen in cell builders. You can fill a comb with pollen
by working it into the comb with your fingers until well packed...you
can pack two heaping double hands full into a comb. They certainly do
eat it, and grow nice cells. I've noticed that after the cells have
been removed from the builder, what pollen is left in the comb looks
just like pollen stored by the bees. It's packed down and shiny on the surface.