Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:37:30 -0500

> I don't know how much you know about trade issues, but under WTO rules the
> US needs to "prove" that the Australian bees have some pest or pathogen that
> is not currently present in the US.   In order to successfully make this
> argument, the USDA must first conduct a pest and pathogen survey.

I detect a bit of circular logic here. Aussie bees have been imported for
several years so they are already in the US with all their imported
pathogens. Hence, the argument is already lost. But we are going to spend
over half a million dollars to prove the proven.

Gotta get me one of dose "govvment" jobs. Sure pays better than organized
crime.

Help me out here as am just a backwoods beekeeper in the wilds of Maine and
do not understand the logic of the ABF, but then, I don't think I ever have,
unless I followed the money. Drat, there goes some of that innuendo, so
scratch that last statement and pretend I never said it. Feel better
already.

Bill Truesdell - Innuendo free since 1972
Bath, Maine (located somewhere north of the snow line)