HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alasdair Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:30:17 -0600
I received the e-mail listed below earlier today.

It may be of interest to list members who've previously had cause to
undertake archive work in Stoke-on-Trent, centre of the Staffordshire
potteries, or anyone more broadly interested in the subject.

The primary impact would be to decrease public access to the archives from
5 days a week to 2.5 days a week (the half day would be Saturday).

Alasdair Brooks

Dear Archive Service member,
Stoke-on-Trent City Council has announced a public consultation on
proposed budget reductions across all of its services.
Since the period for public consultation ends on 31 January 2011, since
there has been no media coverage of the Archive Service reduction
proposal, and since some of our users may live at some distance I think it
is appropriate to alert you to the possible impact on Stoke-on-Trent City
Archives so that you could comment if you wished.

Please follow the link below to read the details of the proposal and how
to comment:

http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/leisure/archives/stokeconsultation1.htm

Yours sincerely
Chris Latimer
City Archivist

Chris Latimer     City Archivist
Adult Social Care, Health and Communities Directorate
City of Stoke-on-Trent
City Central Library,
Bethesda Street,
Hanley,
Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3 RS
t 01782 238403  f 01782 238499  e [log in to unmask]
Archive Service website  staffordshire.gov.uk/archives
City Council website    stoke.gov.uk