HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 06:12:30 -0800
Folks:

When the MUA “opened” its virtual doors in 2004 our mission was to
encourage underwater archaeologists to share their research with the
general public and with each other via the Internet.  It was difficult to
find that first organization that was willing to post with us.  We were
untested and honestly, pretty inexperienced in public outreach and web
design and coding but we believed in the mission.  John W. Morris III,
(the first director of LAMP in St. Augustine, FL) took a chance and
approached us about using research on the 1764 British sloop Industry for
our first exhibit.  For that, we will always be grateful. Since then the
MUA has grown to include nearly 300 pages of content written by over 70
professional, student, and avocational underwater archaeologists from
around the world.  We are very fortunate that LAMP’s current director,
Chuck Meide, still believes in our mission and has worked with us to
update the original exhibit with new images, slide shows, zoomviews, and
text.  The rather dated look and feel of the original post has been
replaced with a new design which we hope does an even better job of
telling Industry’s story.

We invite you to view the newly revised British sloop Industry exhibit at
the MUA here: http://www.themua.org/exhibit_industry

Best regards,

T. Kurt Knoerl
Director