HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Parkhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:41:02 -0500
Andrew:
Please  note that the shifter(?) lever has a cable that releases a
pin in a cogged wheel when it is moved from one position to another.
This is a locking mechanism to hold the working apparatus in place
while it is being used. i.e. Raising/lowering the tangs on a windrow
rake for hay bailers. It has been a long, long time since I used one
of these as a boy on the farm. By the by the machine was horse drawn
not pulled by a tractor.
DP