HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Parkhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2009 10:20:27 -0500
Andrew:
You may want to consider some of these parts to
be from farm equipment. The brake handle reminds
me of the type used on a hay rake or tractor. The
axle looks as if it could be from an old tractor.
The area where these objects were found might be
an old farm. Early (and sometimes present)
farmers had/have the habit of dumping their old
equip in gullies to be used as fill.
Just a suggestion.
DP