From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:19:10 -0400
Bob writes

> Dale suspects most of his losses , as well as many of those that are listed as CCD causes in the bee industry, will eventually be traced to pesticides.

Testimonials are great tools for use in advertising. However, they prove absolutely nothing, other than that people are easily influenced by personalities when they should be looking for facts. It is certainly possible that CCD will eventually be linked to pesticides. So far, most of the evidence is to the contrary, despite what many key players in the bee world "suspect."

It would certainly make life simpler if there were one cause, and we could ban it, and life would go back to being sweet and good. However, in an increasingly crowded global world, business is going to become more difficult, not less. The take home message is to learn to change gears swiftly, put cherished notions aside if necessary, and keep an open mind. Or miss the boat.

plb