From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:04:07 -0500
Hello randy & All

>Here is an excerpt from an article that I will be sending to ABJ this week:

Because you have the ear of Bayer could you include the research study on
the hives of Stan Sandler in you ABJ article? Thanks in advance. Only been
six years.

>I know, Bob, that you feel that my objectivity is tarnished by actually
having a dialog with Bayer,

Stan & I are still waiting on the results of why his hives crashed! What
exactly did Bayer say when you asked about our request? You did ask the one
single request I made of my beekeeper rep to the Bayer dialog didn't you?

> but I am a seeker of facts, and I will seek
facts from any source.

Great!
Please respond on this forum as the results from Stan's hives could be
important to the discussion and changing our minds on the neonicotinoids.

>I am not trying to defend Bayer

I am glad as I would not to be the person between Bayer and beekeepers
myself.

> However, when one makes a claim that a
pesticide is killing bees, and when that claim is easily verifiable by field
trials, I feel that one should look at the data from such trials.

I have seen the neonicotinoid kills myself as has most migratory commercial
beekeepers. I am happy you have never seen losses in your bees Randy which
could have been caused by the neonicotionds. I believe searching the
internet and reading the studies is important. In fact doing so quickly made
up my mind about the neonicotinoids. So I guess ( correct me if I am wrong)
you have no first hand knowledge of the neonicotinoid losses other than what
you have learned from Bayer, other beekeepers  and the internet.
I can't wait for your article and I hope we can discuss parts of your
article on BEE-L.

Can we expect an article like "Nosema ceranae a problem or much to do about
nothing.

I respect you and the Bayer position.

 I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I gave big tobacco the benefit of the doubt until the evidence kept mounting
.
One study at a time the science slowly proved tobacco was a health risk.
. Then it became hard for me to defend tobacco. so I moved to the other
side.
I buried close friends in their 20's and several family members with lung
cancer. Of course they chose to smoke like big tobacco said. of course there
was a warning about the dangers of smoking to pregnant women on each
package. Amazing the surgeon general stood up but he did.

I do wonder  whenever a post about Bayer comes on BEE-L you come on
defending Bayer. Is there nothing you have observed with the noenicotinoids
which concerns you? Please at least tell the list one area of *possible* use
of the neonicotinoids beekeepers should be concerned with.

Good post Randy!

bob