From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:14:32 -0400
In terms of number of hives, my beekeeping pales compared to many on this
list.  But I have learned some very important techniques here, and am
grateful we have the exchange.

I am also grateful we have the likes of Randy Oliver and do not feel he
deserves the recent abuse.  Speaking as one person, I do not appreciate the
rants that largely consist of unsubstantiated accusations, based primarily
on intuitive reasoning rather than facts.

When this is over, if it is ever over, I expect that the neonics will bear a
share (but not more than a share) of the blame for the difficulty keeping
honeybees alive and functioning.  And I do my best to keep my bees away from
neonics and to avoid subjecting my bees to 'unnatural' stress.  Nonetheless
some of my bees have been exposed to neonic use on farms, and do not seem to
have suffered the fates of others.

While we may have lots of disagreement, I do not think it should ever lead
to personal attacks.  Particularly attacks targeting those who are
contributing as much as Randy.

Lloyd