Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:47:53 -0600

http://tinyurl.com/yhskryq

http://tinyurl.com/yhl5kow

For all scales: http://tinyurl.com/yj24nof

http://tinyurl.com/yzzktw2

> The "EZ Lift is half aluminum which makes the dolly fairly light and has
> two settings. The upper setting is for moving hive bodies from pallet to
> pallet and the lower setting is for moving hives with bottom boards
> around.

Seems to me that you should not actually need a scale with this unit, since
the downward pressure on the handle should be directly proportional to the
hive weight.  Should be simple to rig a spring scale of some sort to measure
that.  Then there would be no need to move the hive.  Lifting a hive would
be enough.

We should suggest that small addition to Mann Lake.  A spring, a needle and
several pieces of steel, and a calibrated card would be all that is needed.
Of course there are many ways to rig a scale ne up, since the pivot is
already in place -- the axle.

> I obviously can judge the amount of feed needed to over winter but when a
> hive is really light and I weigh I write the amount of feed (in Gallons) I
> want pumped and the before weight on the top

Seems Southern Alberta beekeepers are back to using hive-top feeders again,
and the amount of barrel feeding is much less than in the past.  These
feeders come from Western Bee in Poulson, MT. http://www.westernbee.com/  I
see they are not listed online.  They hold -- I'm guessing -- 6 gallons at
least.