HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:04:53 -0600
From:
Mark Branstner <[log in to unmask]>
Tim,

OK, maybe I'm in a bad mood today ...

Let me be very clear, I thoroughly enjoyed the TT America
presentations on Topper and Jamestown, which are perhaps the only
ones that I have seen ... They provided strong presentations that
covered a lot of topics quite well ...

But I stand by my very personal "opinion" about the imposition of the
"three-day rule" to these shows. I think you would be hard pressed to
infer that this artifice "improved" these shows in any substantial
way, and frankly, without putting too fine a point on it, it is just
another example of the dumbing-down of science to the public that
will eventually bite us in the nether regions.  Using your own logic,
the public may have been led to believe that Topper or Jamestown was
in immediate jeopardy of being destroyed, which was certainly not the
case.

Now, don't get me started on Zawi Hawass ...

Regards, Mark