From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 12:19:14 -0500
Actually, although I did not mention it earlier, the research has also
included fruit flies and there was a life-extending effect.  Thinking about
worn-out wings... I have heard that is the major cause of bee death, but in
rat research, the stamina of the rats on treadmills increased significantly.

I also tend to agree with Brian's earlier comment suggesting that we may
need to get back to the natural way.  Our tinkering may be causing
unintended long-term problems.  We are trying to adjust in a short-term a
system that has taken 30 million years to perfect.  Yet, Resveratrol does
have an allure.

For those who might like to read more on Resveratrol there is a summary at

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/phytochemicals/resveratrol/#longevity

This is the site of the Linus Pauling Institute, named after a Nobel laurite
who was no stranger to controversy.  In reading there, I would keep that in
mind.

Larry

 Bees are insects and do not repair or renew