From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 04:06:19 -0500
Allen said:
 Besides why wrap a styro hive?  They are already wrapped
> and winter great just as they are.

Are your hives styrofoam or hard plastic? When Jerry Hayes was at Dadant
Jerry was always sending me products to try. I think Jerry knew I would give
an honest opinion.

I used for several years the styro hives then gave to a hobby beekeeper as
like you say does not mesh well with wood hives on pallets.

I was not impressed.

I am not sure styrofoam hives is not what Murray uses.

What I am speaking of is the new ( last five years) hard plastic hives and
equipment. Two makers sell in the bee magazines and the sullivan's are
mainly interested for their own outfit. The Sullivan's purchased the molds
and have been working on design change for around two years (I think). His
complete hives are designed to fit on a six way pallet (which I do not use)
and can be stacked and used in migratory beekeeping.

bob