From:
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:05:47 -0400
> Drenching can kill a percentage of bees coated with the syrup.  We  found
that a shot of Honey Bee Healthy was sufficient to get colonies that  weren't
taking syrup, to resume feeding, and thus, take the medicine.

Cover the bees with syrup?  Yuch

When I drench (quite often), I miss the seam
and put the syrup on the top bars (as many as possable)
It is helpful if the syrup is thick, as thick as honey
It should look like a welding bead
Since it takes a while for the bees to suck it up
I often have 3 hives open (& maybe a 2nd or 3rd round)
Most bees respond well to bribery, this
cuts down on angry bees
Be careful  where the upper boxes are
stacked, YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET THEM MIXED UP
you will need smoke to put the hives back together

dave