HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 06:43:26 -0700
Folks,

We have just posted the third installment of the 2010 Walter B. Allen
Project.  This week features information on the vessel’s history and how
it was built to pass through the Welland Canal between Lakes Erie and
Ontario in the mid 19th century.  As usual the post is illustrated with
Tamara Thomsen’s incredible photos of this nearly intact wreck in 175 ft.
of water.

You can view the post by clicking on the link on our home page here:

http://www.themua.org

Best regards,

T. Kurt Knoerl
Director