HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 04:26:23 EDT
The so-called Peace Sign is actually a Norse Rune adopted by the
anti-nuclear movement in the late 1950s. I recall seeing a group of protestors  standing
outside General Atomic in San Diego in 1958 and the signs had that  symbol.
Over time, the Rune shifted to protest war and by the 1960s it became  the Peace
symbol.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 10/21/2008 9:38:03 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,