From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:48:53 -0800
  I trust what they are seeing and I believe California trusts what I see.

Sure do Bob.  Your experience is more akin to what Higes reports from Spain.

It's hard to believe that our strains are different, what with me being
exposed in almond pollination--U.S. commercial bee diseases are pretty well
homogenized in Calif.

Bob, I'm really curious about the nutritional connection.  Have you tried
testing colonies fed a good pollen supplement continuously to see if that
has an effect (would have to start before infection gets out of hand).

I'm wondering if it could have to do with your corn pollen, or something
else regional.

I'm just back from the scope.  I moved 100+ plus colonies from summertime
irrigated alfalfa last night to winter yards this morning.  The last load
tested zero nosema from net samples, this one tested about 1M spores.  None
of the yards has ever been treated for nosema.

I'm clearly in your group of those beekeepers who *have* N. ceranae, but it
acts like a different animal here during the summer.

If we could figure out why your bees are more affected than mine, we might
be able to start making sense of this critter!

Randy Oliver