From:
Dave Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 2010 18:16:32 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "allen" <[log in to unmask]>

> I anticipated the bags of sugar advice and remember learning that trick
> when Dave Green first posted it 15 or so years ago.

Sure, i've been to Dave's and seen it in practice, using wet newspaper.  You
can also read about it on BeeSource where it is called the Mountain Camp
Method.  It works in the south, but has drawbacks in the north.  I would
never use it.

And Dave Green quit using it after awhile, in favor of division board
feeders. It was mainly an emergency thing. 500 lbs of sugar at Big Lots was
a whole lot cheaper and more usable then, than a tractor-trailer load of
HFCS.

-Bad new, though, when the sheriff's deputy pulls you over for half a load
of mason jars, and half a load of bag sugar. I never could be sure if the
feds were watching and the locals wanted to look good, or if I hadn't put in
my contribution to the Sheriff's fund.

Was that the year I was contemplating feeding salvage Nutra-Sweet?

Dave Green