From:
Daniel Toshach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 1994 11:58:00 -0400
I'm new to the Bee 'Biz' and have a few questions.  I'm also
new to this forum, having just subscribed this morning, so if
this is not the place to ask these questions please forgive
me.

On 5/7 I received and installed two 3# packages of bees in my
two hives, I have never been in an apiary other than my own
and these are the first bees to join me.  Last Saturday I
opened the hives for the first time and removed the queen
cages.  I looked for evidence of an active queen i.e. eggs in
the cells, but did not see any. I also could not find the
queen.  Neither of these have me to concerned since I realy
don't know what I'm looking for.  At this point I'm assuming
that everything is all right.  Is there any sure fire easy
way to determine if the queens is present.  I don't want to
live with my assumtion for to long!

Thanks,

Dan Toshach

Hobbies for Manchester, Mi.