ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Lucas, Kimberly" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:34:33 -0400

Dear Educator,

Education Development Center, Inc., is working to design a rubric and controlled vocabulary to aid in identifying quality science and math online resources to use with middle school youth, and we hope you'll help us.  By filling out this survey, you will help us learn what types of online resources and formats are useful for teaching middle school youth, how you identify those resources, and what science and math topics educators find challenging to teach middle school youth.  The questions on this survey are about: STEM topics you find challenging to teach or find online resources for, types of online resources you use or would like to use with your youth, and STEM topics and resources your youth find engaging.    Please contact me if you would like a form letter to send to parents explaining this project.

Educator Survey
The survey should take no more than 30 minutes of your time - more detailed information is included in the attached documents.

Audience: Middle school science and math educators
Incentive: $50 Amazon.com gift card to 5 raffle recipients
Duration: Now through April 3, 2010

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HQTHHGN

NOTE: In addition, could you also help us by having your students take the survey below?  Educators who also have 20 or more students take the survey below, will be entered into a second raffle for an additional $25 Amazon card (5 additional gift cards will be given out this way).

Youth Survey
We are trying to design some tools that will help your educators and parents identify good Websites for middle school youth like you to use, and we hope you'll help us.  By filling out this survey, you will help us learn about middle schoolers (such as yourself) and how they use the Internet for help with schoolwork.  The questions on this survey are about the way you use the Internet for help with science and math work and the science and math topics you look up using the Internet.  The questions on this survey are about: the science and math topics you find challenging or interesting and the types of help you try to find on the computer when doing science or math.

The survey should take no more than 15 minutes.

Audience: Middle schoolers, grades 6-8 or ages 12-14
Incentive: None.
Duration: Now through April 3, 2010

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RVKH8CS

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns!

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards,

Kimberly Lucas
Research Assistant
Learning and Teaching Division
Education Development Center, Inc.