ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
charles eldermire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:07:55 -0400

Glad someone brought this topic up!

We're going to be investing in a new digital sign in our Visitors
Center, and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with the new
Medeawiz DV78?

We currently have one MacMini running HD video on a large plasma
monitor that we manage by connecting to it via the network; this new
digital display will be devoted to displaying a slideshow of content
about upcoming events, welcoming visitors, showing images, and I don't
think it needs to be a full-on computer to do that--but the mini has
worked reasonably well for the videos and I'm wondering if we should
invest in another one and run something similar to Stephen Uzzo's
keynote-based slideshows...The price difference is ~$200 ($425 for the
Medea, $650 for a mac mini w/2GB RAM), but if I understand correctly,
I could just export the same keynote slideshows as movies and have the
Medeawiz play them...

Anyone with experience using both of these systems?

charles.