From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 23:12:11 -0700
Okay, it's known I do walk away splits without a smoker to keep nurse bees with brood from making divides.......

I have talked about different levels/phases I have gone thru since starting regression now over a quarter of a century ago........

It's been highly interesting in following the bees.

But for the last couple of weeks since middle of April been into another doing that is intreging me more and more. Don't know how long it will last with bees getting stronger and stronger, but with regressing and retrogression more and more settling in, it's like I am reaching another mile post..............especially, as naturally, the bees acclimitize and set into the area more and more, dropping layers of hybridization back to more and more natural bees.......

But how long can I go? Can all yards be done this way for continuing as numbers and bee populations build, with critical mass for major honey production in 4-5 deeps?

So far so good. Maybe I am going mental breakdown! dunno? Worked 29 hives today and yesterday over 70 with splits, workup, last box jamming and supering and other.......and need to now clean honeyhouse for coming season........as almost no way to hold off too much longer with foundation getting drawn out fast........

Namely, as seen in old books with pictures of early beekeepers  and ladies in dresses pioneer style............could it be for real? Did they do this over in europe? Far East?.....I must be going insane!.........

Haven't used my smoker now since mid April........and haven't even filled it up even or lit it just in case, and my doggie still riding with me like a fool wagging tail in pickup out to the bee yards and sitting and watching me work.............

How long can I go commercially without lighting smoker? If I can for any length of time......then what are smokers really for?.........what got them into usage, if not really needed, and bees not stinging?......if worked right?..........and I am talking commercially. Flying around neabs nothing.......especially if no stinging...........

What does it mean?.........for the bees seem healthy and stronger then ever now and all equipment now back on my hives...............from losses with fires and CCD thingie past 2-3 years.

Have I successfuly then completed acclimitizing my bees for this to happen?....

What gives?

Dee A. Lusby