ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:03:51 -0700
Subject:
From:
Chuck Howarth <[log in to unmask]>

An after image?  Yes, but...  It seems to me that there is something
else going on here.  The standard after-image effects last for
several seconds and slowly fade away.  The effect Dennis found seems
different:  the image appears colored, and continues to appear
colored for quite a while as long as you continue to look at the
dot.  But turn your gaze to the side, and it reverts to black and
white.  If you then look back at the dot, the color does not
reappear, as it would with most other after-image effects.   So I
think you guys got some more explaining to do.....

Chuck Howarth
Gyroscope, Inc.
283 Fourth Street, Suite 201
Oakland, CA  94607