Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:04:46 -0500
7bit
From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
 Hello Dave & All,
Thanks Dave. I have learned something today. I have never heard the word
rangemaster used in Missouri and have never been told 24D was available
without emergency use. All restricted use  chemicals are available under
emergency use permits.

> The combination of 24D with roundup has been in use for approximately 20
> years.  It is sold as Rangemaster.

As with most problem chemicals the chemical companies figure a way to get
the chemicals back in use.

  Applicators have been mixing the two on
> farm probably as long as roundup has been available.  The two work
> together
> and less roundup is needed for the same level of kill.

Actually Dave when 24D is used roundup might not be. Farmers at the
restaurant gab sessions usually come down on what they call "tree huggers"
for loss of the best herbicide to ever be invented( 24D). I noticed about a
decade ago those farmers are now quiet around me and rarely speak of 24D.
Hmmm.

Left up to the applicator in small town America straight 24D might be being
used at times.

bob