From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2009 06:51:11 -0300
>‘‘Entombed Pollen”: A new condition in honey bee colonies associated
with increased risk of colony mortality
Dennis vanEngelsdorp, et al --  Journal of Invertebrate Pathology 101
(2009) 147–149

* * *

Chlorothalonil is a foliar fungicide ......

end of quote

Dennis was the keynote speaker at the Maritime Provinces Beekeepers
meeting/tour and described this work, and some other work on imidacloprid
which is not published yet.

The paper can be seen here:

http://ento.psu.edu/directory/dve/vanEngelsdorp_etal_2009_entombedpollen.pdf

The chemical name meant nothing to me until I heard the brand name Bravo.
That is the fungicide we smell here all the time during blight season when
the
potatoes have to be sprayed according to schedule and on the radio we hear
the
blight index and forecast for the week.

It is also used on the blueberries (but after pollination),
strawberries......

Stan