Condense Mail Headers

From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:32:51 -0400
comment:
>We think better choices exist than IMD. Period! IMD is NOT "crucial for food production".

response:
Imidacloprid is commonly used to control sucking and chewing insects in orchards. As indicated
by the USDA NASS Agricultural Chemical Usage Survey from 2005 and 2007, imidacloprid is used
throughout the fruit industry on a considerable percentage of the approximately 250,000 total
pome and stone commercial fruit acres in the Pacific Northwest.

Depending on the target pest, there may be many or just one alternative, with that one
alternative likely to be another neonicotinoid. However, for an increasing pest of sweet cherry,
black cherry aphid (Myzus cerasi) no alternatives are recommended.

NORTHWEST HORTICULTURAL COUNCIL
105 So. 18th Street, Suite 105
YAKIMA, WASHINGTON 98901 USA
(509) 453-3193 FAX (509) 457-7615